AppleShare IP integration
What is LDAP?
ClickMail Central Directory
- Standard LDAP Directory Server
- Supports LDAP2 (RFC 1777, 1778, 1779)
- Partial support for LDAP3 (commonly used features).
- Fully threaded
- Configurable public/private access
- Supports anonymous or plaintext password bind
- Create database or set up with AppleShare IP Users & Groups data file (AppleShare Registry)
- Create and edit entries directly in the local interface or remote web administration.
- Specify attributes
- Search with filters, add, modify, delete entries
- Export/import database in LDIF (LDAP Data Interchange Format) text format and tab-delimited format.
- Import group of users from LDAP server into local database or AppleShare Users & Groups
- Import VCards
- Built-in database optimized for LDAP access.
- Optionally uses AppleShare IP Users and Groups data file mirrored with built-in database.
- Entries time-stamped with creators'/modifiers' names.
Compatible with LDAP-aware clients, such as:
Many clients do not support all LDAP features, but all can at least look up email addresses.
- Power Macintosh
- 4MB available RAM
- 10MB available hard disk space
- System 7.5.3 through 9.2.2 (not available for OS X, not recommended in Classic mode).
- Open Transport 1.1.2 or later
- Optional: AppleShare IP 5.0 or later
Specifications subject to change.