Download DigiTunnel and wait for the OS X Installer window to open. Follow on-screen instructions. An administrator password is required.
- If you don't see the Installer window after downloading, check for the Installer's hard disk icon in the dock (it may open behind other windows).
- If Installer is not open, open the downloaded file DigiTunnel.pkg.
After a new installation, DigiTunnel Setup Assistant helps create your initial settings. The next step is to connect using DigiTunnel's status/control menu, or open DigiTunnel system preferences to review your settings.
||When using DigiTunnel preferences, this User Guide may be opened by clicking the "?" button.
Upgrading from DigiTunnel 1.1 or later versions
Run the installer as usual.
- DigiTunnel 1.4 requires a serial number purchased after June 23, 2003 (date of the Panther Preview). The installer warns if an older serial number exists before installing. All owners of DigiTunnel 1.3 can upgrade to 1.4.
- If upgrading from a DigiTunnel version before 1.2b3, and your connection to a non-Microsoft VPN server has not worked before (particularly if the log contains multiple unknown protocol errors), please re-save your DigiTunnel configuration, ensuring that "Header Compression" is NOT checked. The new version should be more compatible with non-Microsoft servers when header compression is off.
- If upgrading on Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar), it may be necessary to uninstall the previous DigiTunnel before running the new installer.You do not need to uninstall your preferences or serial. See directions below.
Upgrading from DigiTunnel 1.0
- (important) Uninstall 1.0: Run the "Uninstall DigiTunnel" in /Library/Application Support/DigiTunnel. This restores OS X's pppd module if it has been moved. The 1.0 uninstaller may be run on OS X 10.1 or 10.2.
- Run the new DigiTunnel installer. No restart is needed.
- Look for the new control/status icon in the menubar (two black dots and a gray bar). If you do not see this, open DigiTunnel Preferences and re-check "Show Control/Status menu".
Because DigiTunnel has many parts, we strongly recommend using the Uninstall DigiTunnel if you wish to remove the software:
- From the folder /Library/Application Support/DigiTunnel, open Uninstall DigiTunnel. Follow on-screen instructions. An administrator password is required. If you can't find Uninstall DigiTunnel, you can download it here:
Uninstall DigiTunnel (1.4.4)
- If the DigiTunnel icon remains after re-opening System Preferences, you can remove the last trace of it by deleting this file: